Monday, February 10, 2014

United We Spy by Ally Carter


Some people have lawyers for parents, others doctors, but Cameron Morgan’s parents are spies. Well, at least her mother is still a spy, Cammie’s father was killed by a secret society called the Circle of Cavan. At a school called Gallagher Academy, Cammie is learning to become a spy and at the same time, trying to unravel the mystery that is the Circle.

As the final book in the series, the fun quips and crazy undercover assignments have fallen to the wayside and things get really serious. Cammie and her friends are taking out the ancestors of the leaders of the Circle, but someone – Zach’s mother – keeps beating them there and killing them. Then there is the added issue of the fact that Liz’s evaluation test that she took before coming to the Academy was stolen. It shouldn’t be a big deal except for the fact that it outlined how she thought that World War III would start and the events she listed are happening.

I have to admit that I missed the light and fun quips from the first few books in this one, but I understand why they were missing. Still loved easy read that this book was, and I also loved the cute fluffy moments between Cammie and Zach.

As for the twists and turns in this book…I don’t know… I kind of already figured out the whole Agent Edwards one – side note: Cammie’s last lesson as a spy needs to be for her to trust her instincts, I mean honestly if she had listened… - but the one that was really shocking was Agent Townsend being Zach’s father! I did NOT see that one coming at all!

Final Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. A great conclusion to a great series.

Bookshelf worthy? This one is a tough one, although I loved these books…I don’t know if I would have them on my shelf. Maybe the electronic version.

No comments:

Post a Comment