Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot


It’s just another day at New York College for Heather Wells. A prince is living in Fischer Hall, her boss has the flu, a mother is trying to get her daughter a different, less slutty roommate, and the RA on the fourteenth floor is dead. Just another typical day for Heather.

In the fifth installment of the Heather Wells Mysteries, Heather is one month away from her wedding to Cooper Cartwright and also has to solve another murder in the residence hall where she’s been working. This time though a few things hamper her ‘investigation’; the State Department because of their VIR – Very Important Resident – the prince, the fact that her boss is pregnant, and her mother who has been MIA for the last twenty years shows up at her front door.

And you thought planning the wedding was going to be stressful.

I could go on about the amazing flow of the storyline – seriously, there wasn’t really a good point to stop reading so I could do things like eat or sleep – Heather’s great character and her network of friends, how much I hated Cooper’s sisters and her mother for just assuming that she had let things go – honestly? You stole from your daughter and you think she’s really going to let that go. Puh-leeze. – Or I could even go on about the awesome character of Cooper – what a dreamboat. But what fun would that be? As many times as I’ve written about Meg Cabot’s writing by now, you should know that I absolutely adored this book and it was a great conclusion to an amazing series.

I especially liked the little cameo appearance by the Queen of Babble series main character Lizzie Nichols. If I hadn’t been currently re-reading that series I might have missed it all together. Still, it was cool to see that Lizzie fulfilled her dream of owning a bridal boutique.

Final Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. As usual, I didn’t quite see who the murderer was until Heather figured it out herself. Great story.

Bookshelf worthy? Considering I already own the first one – but not the other four, go figure – I’d say yes. Man I really need to get more bookshelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment