Monday, February 24, 2014

Blue Bloods Series Book #4: The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz


Here is my belief about the previous three books after reading this one: What was the point?

Honestly, my emotions went up and down in the previous three books and all of that exercise was for nothing. The gut-wrenching feeling I had when Schuyler left Jack in book 3, gone. The shock and hurt I felt when Bliss turned out to not only be Allegra’s daughter but to have Lucifer within her as well. Pft. What connection to Lucifer?

The only thing that was quite interesting was Mimi’s 180. I mean, here she is all against Schuyler and Jack, but then what does she do in this book? She hooks up with Kingsley and at the bonding ceremony she was going to leave Jack for him! I’m sorry, but what the actual hell?

There was also the issue of the timeline. In the book, it’s mentioned that it’s been a year since the events in Revelations, but I’m trying to do the math and it just doesn’t work out that way. It was March/April at the end of book 3, and this one picks up in August right before Jack and Mimi’s senior year, and Bliss and Schuyler are both sixteen. A year hasn’t passed. Maybe four months, but not a year.

Also, holy crap! Allegra is awake! But she doesn’t stick around long, does she? She talks to Schuyler for like five minutes and then takes off to help her bond mate (the one she broke off, mind you) Charles, who may or may not be dead thanks to the Silver Bloods. And what the hell is going on with these gates?

Final Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. This book was just a little too long. I personally believe all the Bliss chapters were not needed. Mimi’s change of heart wasn’t in her character at all. And Jack and Schuyler ending up together annoyed me to no end – as much as I love this couple, why did she have to go through all that heartache if they were just going to end up together anyway?

Bookshelf worthy? Lucifer hasn’t played with my memories, so they’re still on my shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment