Monday, June 2, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


If you haven’t been living under a rock for the last few years, you know that this is the story of a girl who falls in love with a boy for the first time. The catch is that both of these characters have cancer. The girl’s cancer is Stage IV and is placated for the moment thanks to some miracle drug, while the boy’s cancer is in remission.

A lot has been said about this book since it came out a few years ago, so I won’t bore too much with the details. And those who’ve read my review of If I Stay know that I spent four days back in 2012 reading not only this book, but also 13 Reasons Why as well, and for about a week afterwards I was a complete wreck.

In honor of the movie coming out, and because it’s been two years since I’ve read the book, I decided to reread it and I completely forgot how much of a quick read this book is. The only reason it took me three days to read was because I always, always get stuck on what happens after Hazel and Augustus come back from Amsterdam. It is just…

Okay? Okay.

Final Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. Another John Green book that is just amazing, and another YA book where the parents didn’t get on my nerves. Hazel had amazing parents. Augustus did too.

Bookshelf worthy? I’ll confess, I own two copies. One is the one pictured above the other is the digital edition for my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment