Monday, August 18, 2014

Now & Forever by Susane Colasanti


Like Sarah Dessen and Meg Cabot, I have a soft spot in my heart for Susane Colasanti’s books. So when she announced that she was coming out with a new book this year, I was so excited, especially when I read the summary of the book. Sterling has the perfect boyfriend. Ethan is the lead singer in a band whose about to hit it big and he only has eyes for her. But sometimes fame can change a person, and Sterling has to decide if being a rock star’s boyfriend is worth it.

Okay, so like I said when I first heard about this book I was really excited to read it. A girl dating a rock star that just got discovered? Sounds fantastic and in some ways it was. But in other ways… Yikes. Sterling is a very insecure character, and when she’s put under the microscope by the media those insecurities are multiplied. I get where Sterling is coming from, compared to those other girls and celebrities that are out there, how is she supposed to compete? But on the other hand, Ethan has said many times how she’s the only one for him, and yeah, he’s changed since the band was discovered but he still loves her.

Until he changes for the worse. Fame starts to get to his head and it shows. He becomes more self-involved and I totally agreed with Sterling when she realized that he was more about his dreams then about hers. Like when she revealed to him her idea about the cooking videos, he was so down on them, like how are these cooking videos supposed to help my career? Self-obsessed much? Even in the beginning, before he got signed, I didn’t really care for him. What was the harm of adding someone else’s song to the mix?

Final Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. Although I didn’t care for Sterling and Ethan, it wasn’t too bad of a read. I liked the ending the best, when she realizes that she’s better off without Ethan – granted it’s after she finds out that he cheated on her – and she does her own thing.

Bookshelf worthy? Colasanti is another one of those author’s who if I had more bookshelf space I’d own everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment