Monday, August 11, 2014

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Nora Grey has a normal life. She has a chatty best friend, a mom who worries way too much, and she worries herself about getting into a good college. But everything she knows is about to change when her biology teacher decides to change the seating chart. No longer is she sitting next to her best friend – Vee – she now has to sit next to the mysterious senior transfer who seems to make it his mission to make her blush.

But things are starting to get really weird. On her way home one night, she runs over a person who somehow is able to knock out her window and try to go after her. When she drives to her friend’s house, all the damage is gone. It looks like nothing happens. A few days later, she walks in on someone rummaging through her things, when she calls the police, her room is pristine. She thinks she’s finally going crazy, especially when Patch – the mysterious senior transfer – keeps showing up everywhere she goes.

Hush, Hush was one of those books that I stumbled across at the bookstore a long time ago because of intriguing cover art. Once I picked it up though I couldn’t put it down. The same goes for the second read through I did. The story flows hard and fast, and the character of Patch is as mysterious as Fitzpatrick makes him out to be on the page. Along with Nora, you go through the motions of hating Patch, being embarrassed by Patch, and slowly falling for him. When it’s revealed that he’s a fallen angel sent to kill her, but couldn’t do it because he likes her, I totally lost my shit. As for the school psychiatrist, Mrs. Greene, I totally called it. She was acting a little bit too controlling over Nora seeing Patch to just be a school administrator.

Final Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. Even through the second read through, I still got a little bit confused over some of the plot points in this book, but I think I got the gist of them to understand what was going on.

Bookshelf worthy? I got my copy for $4.99 at Borders before it closed. One of the best deals for a hardcover.

No comments:

Post a Comment