Thursday, March 13, 2014

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen


Out of all the characters that Dessen has written so far (except for the main character from The Moon and More – since I haven’t read that one yet – That Summer and Dreamland) I think I love Nicole – Colie – Sparks the most. She is the most realistic character so far, and I get where she was coming from especially during the Fat Years.

Anyway, Colie is sent to live with her aunt Mira for the summer while her mother Kiki Sparks the fitness guru is overseas touring for her brand. While in the town of Colby she meets Norman, Isabel and Morgan, characters who are instrumental for her summer of change, of getting out of her shell.

I loved this book for that reason. Instead of being about falling in love, this book is about coming out of your shell and accepting who you are no matter what others think of you. You’re the only one who knows the truth of what you’re about. No one can change that. Although, the whole falling in love thing is a minor plot line in this book – and I do mean minor, it doesn’t really show up until the last fifty or so pages. And while we’re on the subject, um…why is it in a lot of chick lit that I read, the girl is totally oblivious to the fact that a guy likes her until a friend of hers points it out? I don’t know is it just me?

Final Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. Again, I think this book was just a little too short.

Bookshelf worthy? I own everything (except for That Summer and Dreamland) by Sarah Dessen so…

No comments:

Post a Comment