Friday, February 14, 2014

The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare


As much as I love The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices, I didn’t really like The Shadowhunters Codex. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I knew what I was getting into when I first picked it up – the mysterious Codex that is discussed in both series – but still…

The book was interesting and the art was fantastic, but I don’t know…

I think it would have been better if there had been more comments from Jace, Clary and Simon – that was really the only redeeming quality of the book.

Final Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. It was good if you wanted to know more about the demons and the weapons that the Shadowhunter world contains, but…Meh.

Bookshelf worthy? If you are the kind of person who needs to own everything that a series contains – graphic novels, novellas, etc. – then yes. Otherwise, just rent it from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment